Monday, January 12, 2015

Dejah Tinney: Chicago

I usually don't like musicals. but I honestly enjoyed watching director Rob Marshall's Oscar-winning Chicago [he is also responsible for last year's Into the Woods (currently in theaters)] and wouldn't mind watching it again.

Roxie Hart (played by Renée Zellweger) is the main character [protagonist] and also my favorite character. She was so determined to go into show business that she would do anything to be in the spotlight, even kill a man! My favorite act had to be the part when all of the girls in the jail were telling their stories and why they were arrested, "The Cell Block Tango."



I could not keep my eyes off of the screen, even the music was catchy. It was very entertaining never a dull moment. I loved the whole story it was very different unlike any musical I've ever saw [could you elaborate by providing examples of your prior experiences with musicals?].

Well, the only other experience that I have seen is High School Musical on Disney Chanel. I'm sure you've heard of it. At the time when it came out I was much younger so it was intersting but now, it's annoying. Chicago tells a story, a very attention grabbing story. Although High School Musical is for kids, it tells no story..

No comments:

Post a Comment