Sunday, January 11, 2015

Chicago- Joel Martinez

Chicago-


I hate musicals; this movie didn't really change my viewing on musicals. I liked the story behind the movie though, the whole thing were the wife cheats on her husband and ends up shooting the guy she was cheating on her husband with. It kept me interested because even after Roxie cheated on her husband Amos played by veteran character actor John C. Reilly still attempted to get her out of prison. I honestly think she deserved it for being a H** (an adulterer?), but that's none of my business though 🐸☕️ [?].

 I think it was cool how the director Rob Marshall implemented the woman who's the story is actually about Belva Gaertner in the actual movie. That was a really nice touch! Joel, this is an interesting idea, but it one that is neither clearly nor fully articulated. Are you trying to say that you appreciate how artists, and Rob Marshall in particular, create dramatic narratives drawn from actual events? You start to make a reference to an article we read in class, which I like, but your connection/argument needs further development.

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment