Wednesday, January 14, 2015

C H I C A G O

 As we came to a close on the movie Rob Marshall's Chicago, I can proudly say that I highly enjoyed the film. The film takes place on the 1920's streets of Chicago. From the strong female roles to the the intense musical numbers I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

However I did expect higher expectations [this reads somewhat redundant; you might simply state that you had high expectations for the ending that were not met] for the ending of the film. I feel as though it left me with a few unanswered questions such as: what Velma was doing prior to meeting up with Roxie? Was Roxie the only one whose trial was successfully carried out [Velma brokered a deal where she got off for providing damaging testimony against Roxie in the form of Roxie's "diary"]? Other than these unanswered questions I really enjoyed the movie.

The opening scene introduces the two main characters Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart. Prior to her performance of "All That Jazz" by John Kander [nice touch], we become acquainted with Mrs.Velma Kelly   finding herself locked in a bathroom washing someone's fresh blood of her hands. Not a second later we're introduced to Roxie Hart positioning her self to watch Velma's tacky but breathtaking performance. Suddenly , the police arrived and took Velma away

Over all I can strongly say that I did enjoy the film as well as the catchy musical numbers. I look forward to watching other films in which the women play the leading roles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment