Thursday, February 2, 2017

Midterm (Psycho vs. Touch of Evil)

Image result for psycho



Both movies Psycho and Touch of Evil are excellent films that have noir. Both films are so similar in many ways but have feature that make them stand apart from on another.  Being black and white films this brought a thrilling and suspense feelings.  In the beginning of Psycho, the scene where the main character Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) stops at the Bates Motel in the pouring rain.  Adding the rain created a suspenseful feeling as she approach the motel to start the climax of the movie.  Not only the rain and black and white but the music in the background.  The music set the mood for movie, constantly keeping your heart racing and your palms sweating.  

A Touch of Evil on the other hand in my opinion was a movie that kept you guessing. The "Who done it?" question kept running threw my mind after each scene.  Even we I was sure I knew who it was, the next minute I had no idea.  However, in this film the music also set the movie for the movie. Everyone the main characters were on the verge of solving the crime something should happen that would change there theory.  Both films in my opinion were able to capture the thrilling and suspenseful aspects.  With two completely​different ending of course is what set the apart.  Between the two I really loved the ending to the movie Psycho.  Throughout the movie there weren't any hints or clues that lead to the end.  It was a huge shocker to me, which is why I loved it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment