Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Bonnie and Clyde




Bonnie and Clyde is a 1967 movie about the bank robber duo Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway) and Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty) who set off to rob as many banks to make a lot of money. Now when I first saw this movie, I was so confused with by the beginning because they were just talking then they robbed a bank, and now they're robbing other banks. It's as though simply being enthralled by Clyde's background is enough for Bonnie to just throw her life away and become a criminal. To me that takes a person who really is bored to the point that being a criminal is more attractive than bettering themselves, but I digress.

Everything after that was actually pretty good: the robberies, the friends that they accumulated over the journey that became The Barrow Gang, and simply how each character interacted with each other while trying to keep everything in order in between bank jobs and while on the road.

my viewing experience slowly started to feel like a role playing game where along your journey you start getting characters who join your party, and it really was welcomed in the film. Another thing that interested me was my way of thinking after seeing the movie the second time, it first started off as me hoping and wanting these characters to live in the end, or at the very least Bonnie and Clyde, but after seeing it the second time I was kind of happy they get killed in the end. The gang did kill police officers and civilians when they were cornered while stealing money from the bank. Nothing they did was ever good for others, except those in the gang, no matter from point A to B when they were kind and charming did I feel a second time viewing this that I wanted them to live. This movie got me to really think about how I perceive films going into them because thinking back on the film it was very enjoyable.        

No comments:

Post a Comment