Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Caitlin Willis - Chicago

Caitlin Willis
Intro. to Film Studies
2/15/17


Chicago

chicago-movie.jpg (650×409)

          This movie, in my opinion, wasn't all that great. Given, I wasn't present the entire time but from what I watched, it wasn't anything special. I'm not a big fan of musicals. I personally feel as though they can distract you from the plot and story line. You're so caught up in the singing and the dancing that you forget what's happening when the characters aren't on the stage. I'm also not a fan of drama movies, especially not films that are over dramatic. There was one specific scene where Roxie pretended to faint on the floor while she was on the witness stand. That was her big reveal on the pregnancy, which annoyed me. I understand that it was the point to make it seem like a big deal because she was trying to plea her case, but it was tacky.
          However, I did like how both characters, Velma and Roxie, paired up together to get out of jail. It was refreshing to see a movie where there were two strong female protagonists. It was especially surprising seeing as it came out in 1967. I appreciated that aspect of the film, but other than that, this movie wasn't one I genuinely enjoyed. It wasn't funny nor was it one that captured my attention. It was hard to keep up with not only because of the musical features but because the plot just didn't catch my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment