Sunday, November 16, 2014

Psycho: Ending

Unfortunately, I missed the ending of Psycho in class. However, I decided to watch it on my own because I was really enjoying it and had to see the rest.

The ending of Psycho was a huge shock. As I watched Marion's sister sneaking through Norman's house searching for Mrs. Bates the suspense was killing me. I was so interested in finally seeing Norman Bates crazy mother. From the earlier chat Norman and his mother had about her hiding in the basement, it gave me no suspicion that his mother wasn't alive. Then Marion's sister went into the basement and from the back of Mrs.Bates I could tell that it was not a person and then when she turns around we see this:


And then Norman storms in with the knife, dressed like his mother, ready to kill Lila. Fortunately, Sam quickly follows, stopping him. It turns out that Norman had killed his own mother by poisoning her and her lover around 10 years ago and he had dug up her body and kept it. It also turns out that Norman has two personalities, himself and his mother. That is something I had not expected. Norman Bates' mother was really dead and he was even more psycho than I thought. It was pretty creepy and the ending scene left me disturbed, yet interested in seeing more and wanting to learn more about Norman.

I'm curious to know more about Norman Bates' past with his mother. What went on in that house all his life? I know I have heard of a show called Bates Motel and it's like a prequel to Psycho about Norman's teen years with his mother. I've heard it's pretty good. I might start watching it.

Overall, I really liked this movie just as much as I liked Alien. I am also enjoying The Birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment