Monday, November 3, 2014

Alien: Ending

We finished Alien a few classes ago and I was pretty satisfied with the ending. I really liked the movie overall. It had a great amount of suspense and creepiness to keep my attention throughout the film.

To answer my previous question in my first Alien blog post: Who will survive? As I watched Dallas go into the air ducts I could tell he wasn't going to make and then he was killed by the Alien. Then when Parker and Lambert went to get supplies before they were supposed to board the shuttle the Alien had gotten to them first. This part was suspenseful, really intense and scary. I enjoyed it.

One scene I was really shocked about was when they found out Ash was an Android and it was his mission to save the alien and not worry about the crew. When Ash tried to kill Ripley the film got really intense. I was a little confused at what was happening at first until someone clarified that he was an android.

Just when I thought the movie was over and Ripley had made it onto the shuttle with the cat safely, we saw that the alien had also made it onto the shuttle. I was sure this movie was going to end badly with Ripley dying in the end. However, she was able to form a plan to get the alien off the shuttle. She is a very intelligent character and I'm glad she was the one that was able to survive until the end. I'm also happy that the cat survived.

To conclude, this movie has been my favorite so far, but I am also enjoying Psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment