Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Psycho-Stephen Collins


Psycho is one of the best films of all time and probably Alfred Hitchcock's best film. From great dialogue, to some great scares, Psycho is pure greatness.


The actor who plays Norman Bates, Anthony Perkins is fantastic. You buy into his psychotic mind and is a person that seems trustworthy. You also just buy into the performance, it's just too good.


Beside Perkins, none of the actors stand out. Janet Leigh is good as Marion but then she gone, the movie kinda lose something. The actors are find, but none of their  performances will stand out to me.


The plot to Psycho seems very simple, but then the shower scene happens, and it goes full forces. I also would not call it a horror film, but thriller is consider a sub-genre of horror, so I guess it counts. I would consider it a thriller mystery suspense film, I guess.


Hitchcock's direction is great. The film has great camera shot and the editing was well done. The film has a great eerie presence and makes the intensity even better. The score is one of the best of all time, done by the incredible Bernard Herrmann. That just don't make great score like that anymore.


Psycho is one of the best films of all time. I have no real problems with the film, but there only one great performances with Anthony Perkins. It has a great score, great thrills, and dialogue. I don't love Psycho, but I though it was a great time.





No comments:

Post a Comment