Wednesday, May 17, 2017

the color purple

Director Steven Spielberg's film adaptation of Alice Walker's award-winning novel The Color Purple is a great movie!  I enjoy watching this film time and again.  It don't matter how many times I watch it.  It can never get old to me. This is one of my favorite movies. 

In this movie Celie an African-American woman, played be Whoopie Goldberg in her onscreen debut, lives in the South and survives incredible abuse and bigotry. After Celie's abusive father marries her off to the equally debasing "Mister" Albert Johnson (Danny Glover), things go from bad to worse leaving Celie to find companionship anywhere she can. 

She perseveres, holding on to her dream of one day being reunited with her sister in Africa. Scenes in this movie had me feeling all types of ways including hurt, happy , and I even thought about the funny parts . 

No comments:

Post a Comment