Thursday, May 11, 2017

Caitlin Willis - Jaws

Caitlin Willis
5.11.17
Intro. to Film Studies
Image result for jaws

          To start off this review, I just want to say that this movie was very wrongly rated PG. I saw this movie when I was younger and didn't realize how graphic it was. The gory, horrific attack scenes should've gained this movie at least an R rating. However, the false advertisement definitely didn't impact my opinion of the movie.
          This movie was...interesting. The plot didn't exactly make sense to me, though. There were shark attacks and everyone on land assumed it was the same shark doing the attacking each time, as if there aren't thousands of sharks in a body of water at one time. Then, they send out a search team to find the exact shark that killed the people. This isn't only impossible but is highly unlikely. The team takes out an old, rickety boat and go on a shark hunt.
          Despite the fact that the plot is unrealistic, the quality of the movie is amazing for being made in 1975. The shark didn't look like a robot and actually looked realistic. The attacks, though dramatic, were pretty realistic. The blood looked real, rather than really thick or super watered down (perhaps it's because it was in the water).
          Overall, this movie's detailed attacks and gory scenes gives it a good rating from me. I'm a fan of movies that have a lot of action and blood so it was just what I was looking for. If only it picked up a little quicker and got right into the action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment