Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Chris Colon Beast of The Southern Wild




Christopher Colon
01-31-18
                 
Beasts of The Southern Wild





Beasts of the Southern Wild was realeased in 2012 directed by Benh Zeitlin; it is about a little girl  named Hushpuppy that lives with her father named wink. they live in  this place called "The Bathtub" on the otherside of the New Orleans levi [levee], cut off from the rest of civilization. After Hushpuppy's father gets mysteriously ill a bad storm comes and causes a flood of water to take over the Bathtub

Although Hushpuppy's father is ill, he still tries to get his daughter ready to be the “King of the Bathtub” as he says in the movie. Hushpuppy thinks of the storm as a pre-historic animal, an Auroch, in her imagination and is scared at first until her father shows her that there is nothing to be afraid of. Before the storm arrives most of the people that live in the Bathtub with them evacuate so they can be safe away from the storm but wink and a few of his friends stay because they arnt afraid.  Overall this movie was really different to [from] some [some or most?] I have seen but very interesting. At first I didn't think I would like it, but the more the movie went on the more I liked it. There were parts that made me think,I don't know what I would of done if that happened to me”  like when the flood first hit since they lived away from civilization they had no ambulances of anykind of doctors [however the character of Bathsheeba acts as both the teacher to the children and appears to be a shaman of sorts  -  she provides Hushpuppy with a jar filled with herbal remedey when Wink collapses], but everyone stood together and worked together to make everythjng better [good]

There were multiple parts of the movie where they all had to work together to make things better, and I really liked that. In the beginning of the movie it showed that Hushpuppy was basically living on her own and to me it made me think like wow if I was six years old trying to live on my own I would not be able to make it.  I'm 18 years old now, and I can barely make it  by myself now imagine if was six years old and had to do the things Hushpuppy was able to do. I definetly would of needed a lot of help. This movie was really something different from the usually things I watch, and I recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment