Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fences: Damyia Jackson

Image result for fences movie

Fences was a great film/play the author is a very good writer and a good storyteller. I would rate this movie a 5 because it started off as a play and is now a famous play/book/movie that I am very interested in. This movie was a big lesson about family and why it’s important to love them and not take them for granted because they could be all you have. I thought that the movie would be about something else because of the name of it but the author had a good way of using the fence as a metaphor. They did talk about the fence that he was supposed to be making around the house but I think that when Troy’s friend Bono said “the fence can be made to keep people out but it can also be to keep people in” I realized the meaning of the title. Basically to me what he said means that Rose wanted to keep her family together and not let them drift apart. In the end they all came together but it was sad because they lost the father who is supposed to be the “glue” of the family but they knew that he was in a better place. The turn of events were well put together, I like the way everything flowed in the movie and how there were many different lessons other than the one I mentioned above and I would watch/read more things from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment