Thursday, January 11, 2018

Beast of a Bad Movie By: Tomas Avila

Image result for beast of the southern wild 
DON'T WATCH

Beasts of the Southern Wild is a 2011 movie about a little girl named "Hushpuppy" who is just trying to live in an off the grid land nicknamed "the bathtub."  It is on this land where people celebrate multiple holidays and believe in living quiet lives where they hunt, fish, and Cultivate [?  Why is cultivate capitalized?] as the ice caps melt bring water levels to rise and storms to break out. In my opinion the beginning of the movie is great it shows you their little world and how they live, but as it went on I realized how unlikable Hushpuppy is a character. She is psychotic in my opinion, and it is justified [what is justified?] to most because as the main character it portraits her as a deep thinker who does everything for her mother (which it is never explained how she disappeared.) Throughout the movie I was cringing on how terrible the writing is it always started off with something corny like "My momma" or "I dream," but she does wild things like blowing up the wall separating the bathtub and the normal people. The rest of the characters in my opinion were great, you can tell they are stressed and tired towards the end. I liked how beautiful the shots were and the scenery is nice. the location being the bathtub is probably my favorite thing because it shows kind of an apocalyptic/struggling society where the people build their own houses and do things on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment