Thursday, April 7, 2016

Vinny Oliverio Chicago



Chicago in my opinion was confusing. This movie is a drama musical. It takes place in a jail, yet they use the musical to better explain what's happening. Some of the scenes you could really tell the emotion in what they were feeling in real life during the musical. I feel as though they used the musical perspective to project the actors feelings in a different way. This to me was confusing. I understand how this movie works, with the cut scenes of the musical along with the prison. But it was hard to follow the movie while it was switching back and forth between the musical and reality. 

I understand the movie, and in my opinion it was good. Just not my type of movie. The main character Roxie, is imprisoned for murder. Her fellow inmates [really there was only one other inmate that had an interest in/experience in show biz, Velma Kelly (Catherine Zeta-Jones)] are in show biz. They tell her that there is a lawyer named Billy Flynn (Richard Gere), who has never lost a case. He requests $5,000 from both Roxie and her husband Amos, for a grand total of $10,000. During the interrogation scene with Amos, Roxie is singing about how she hates him, and he's stupid for telling on her [Vinny, I would love to hear more of your thoughts on the relationship between Roxie and Amos. Good start.]

1 comment: