Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Elaine N. - Beasts of the Southern Wild




This film would be one of my favorites for the year. Hushpuppy character would define most of us. She was strong and brave when she had to be. But also needed her father. Hushpuppy needed someone, just like we all do. I can relate to Hushpuppy's determination to find her mother. I always wondered about my father and when will i get to see him again. I didn't officially get to meet him until I was eight years old. I understand why she wanted to be with her mom again one wants to be loved by not one but both parents. 
Her father was a strange man who always had me questioning him and his behavior. His sickness was never really said which had me thinking of what it could be. I honestly just thought that her father was a drunk and the doctors had to pump his stomach.
Overall, the film had me questioning many of the scenes because I thought the beast represented her mother since hushpuppy believed her mom was magicial. I believed Hushpuppy had the powers to stop the beast.  I thought the movie was going to be magical of some sort.
Overall, I enjoyed watching the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment