Friday, January 27, 2017

Crooklyn- Michelle Negron



The movie "Crooklyn" directed by Spike Lee was a comedy/drama about a lower class family growing up in the ghetto."Crooklyn" was released in 1994, The main actress. Zelda Harris, played the role of the younger sister named Troy. Troy was the heart of the family. Although I had to watch this film twice in order to get the whole plot of this film, I eventually caught on. She's raised with her four brothers and their mother and father took care of them. The mom was one of my favorite characters in the sense that she was so straight to the point with her kids. If you thought she was going to take no for an answer, you must of thought wrong cause what she says goes and there definitely was no way around that. I love how even though she was dead, the film kept bringing her back to the kids making them feel like she was always watching them.  Troy was definitely my second favorite character she was funny and her personality was amazing. I could relate to her in a sense where I have siblings and when my little sister was born I had to change her diapers, wash her clothes, give her baths and clean up everything after her. When Troy's mother died, in a way she passed the torch to her as the glue of the family. I thought this passing of roles was incredibly powerful and integral to the story of this family. In general, I think this a great movie that positively shows an regular black family, which in my opinion that has gone threw struggle and much pain. I would recommend this movie to everyone, no matter the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment