Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crooklyn: Myles Snider


                         CROOKLYN 

After our class finally finished watching the movie Crooklyn directed by Spike Lee, I must say that this movie was an excellent piece of work. Crooklyn is mainly about a teacher and her stubborn artist husband living with their five kids [write out numbers less than ten] in 70s Brooklyn, Fort Greene specifically. The movie actually got my attention in the beginning because I was familiar with the actors in this film. As I watched the film, I was able to make a connection and realize that the movie reminds me of the TV show, Everybody Hates Chris

This movie reminded me of Everybody Hates Chris, because it has almost the same plot, a family living in apartment in New York, dealing with family issues, money, drug addicts in the neighborhood and etc. They're learning how to survive as a family, and I think that's the ultimate point of the movie Crooklyn, it tells the audiences how even though your family may have some hardships, you have to keep moving forward, and still stay strong as a family. 

Crooklyn is definitely a movie that I would recommend for someone to watch, especially because it's a film that many people can connect with, and I think Spike Lee did a great job incorporating [capturing? depicting?] the childhood that many black families [shift in number: childhood is singular; families is plural] have faced into a wonderful picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment