Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Crooklyn. By Alethia Moore

Crooklyn is a 1994 semi-auto biographical film directed by Spike lee. The protagonist/ storyteller was Zelda Harris who pays the only daughter Troy. The film has a very urban setting in crooklyn, Brooklyn. The fact that the film showed multiple races proves that his urban setting is also very diverse when it come to culture. One thing that I noticed about the film is each culture had it personal relations with people of the same culture, in my eyes it was very rear to see positive interaction amoung the races. 
Lee managed to express the average lifestyle of a low income family. The mother and father worked hard to put food on the table and provide for their children. Sterotypically this is known as the "black struggle" . A lot of black families have a hard time managing a stable household. For the most part I would say that Troy and her brothers had a stable living condition and didn't really lack for anything that they needed. I was not able to see the end of the movie but this is what I could tell from what I did watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment