Friday, May 18, 2018

The Bad News Bears-Stephen Collins


Image result for bad news bears


The Bad News Bears is the 1976 sports film and stars Walter Matthau and Tatum O Neal (the youngest actor to ever win the Academy Award).

The Bad News Bears is good. I don't really have a lot of opinions of it. I would describe as The Sandlot for adults or The Sandlot before The Sandlot. I feel like adults will get more from it that kids, as The Sandlot was clearly made for kids.

The good parts are Mattahau as Morris Buttermaker and O'Neal as Amanda Whurlitzer. Mattahu is good as the coach and O'Neal as his protege pitcher and the girl who acts as an adult. Those performances are the best part and best characters. The kids are fine; I like that they act like kids.

As previously mentioned, I don't have a lot opinions of The Bad New Bears. It good and entertaining  -  it's humor is irreverant.  I would recommend disregarding its PG rating as being a pre-PG 13 anomally  -  there is little question it wouldn't receive the PG 13 rating were it released today for its use of foul language, racial slurs, drinking, and historical smoking. It has two good performances, well directed and has good heart. I may watch it again and on the advice of some my classmates will most likely skip the Billy Bob Thornton remake from 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment