Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Chicago| Aleesa Martins















Director: Bill London
Starring: Renee Zellweger (Roxie Hart), Catherine Zeta-Jones (Velma Kelly), Queen Latifa (Matron Mama Morton) , and Richard Gere (Billy Flynn)
Producer Circle co., 2002



Throughout the film which was a musical there were times were I was confused especially with her lawyer Billy Flynn (Richard Gere) because I didn't know if they had something between them or if he was just helping her to get money or both  [this is understandable as Roxie unsuccessfully attempts to seduce him in lieu of his $5000 retainer and the fact that his introductory musical number is "All I Need is Love." 

One thing that I enjoyed from this film was that I knew one or two songs that they sang, those were the only couple of times that I enjoyed the movie, but I'm not much of a fan musical. If I were to recommend this to someone it would definitely be someone who likes musicals and drama.

I have to wonder Aleesa if the transitions between the narrative storyworld and interior/explicative musical numbers weren't a source of confusion for you.  I also think it is interesting that you recommend it to fans of the genre  -  musical.  You state that you were excited by a couple of familiar tunes but never declare yourself as either a fan or someone who doen't care for musicals.  You could include other experiences you have had with musicals and your feelings about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment