Monday, April 30, 2018

The Breakfast Club- Stephen Collins


The Breakfast Club, arguably the best movie John Hughes ever made and yeah, I get that and I think so too. It's great and the quintessential teen movie.


The Breakfast Club has one of the most simple premises ever: five kids get detention and over the course of nine hours, they learned more about each other and learned there more than their respective stereotypes. That's what work so well about the film. The kids start out as stereotypes, but they become fully realized characters by the end. I'm so tired of characters who are just stereotypes and don't become characters.


I was thinking what character is the most defined in the film.  I think Bender is. He's the only to stick up to Vernon and I think he the one with most screentime. All the characters are great, but Bender I think has is the most defined. All the characters are great, played well and you do care for them and their problems.

Vernon is a great character. John Hughes did a great job writing teachers. The one from Ferris Buller is great as well. He write teachers as people and not evil, the just humans with faults.

I was watching this and Ferris Buller and thought they would never make these movies again. The Breakfast Club would never work if it came out today with all the technology of today. I just don't see it working.

The Breakfast Club is the teen movie. Teen movies would so good and now they feel extinct. Well, no they don't, we just having one of the level of The Breakfast Club and I just hope that The Edge of Seventeen become the cult teen movie. We got Mean Girls, and I love it, but it not on the level that The Breakfast Club is.

The Breakfast Club is great. It has great characters, a great simple plot and a great message about trying not stereotype. Plus, it so entertaining. I going to watch it multiple times in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment