Thursday, April 26, 2018

Rebel Without A Cause- Stephen Collins


Rebel Without A Cause, the 1955 classic and one of the three staring for James Dean and the first film marketed for teens. I'm surprise by that. This movie does feel a teen movie and somewhat a heist movie.


James Dean does give a iconic performance as Jim Stark and is the best character is the movie. You care for him the most and he is the most well written character in the film. All the other characters are fine, but not as much as Dean, but maybe Dennis Hopper as Goon.


The writing is well done. The script is great and the character feel are all three dimensional. I'm surprise this was the first film marketed for teens. It does feel like a teen movie, mostly the scenes at the observatory and stuff. I also said that it feel like a heist movie but it  more of a teen drama about identity and parent relationship.

I like Rebel Without A Cause. I don't have a lot of thoughts about it. It's good and has a great performances from James Dean. The acting is good, the script is pretty great and it does feel like a teen movie. It's a classic and I'm watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment