Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Elaine N. - A Winter's Bone

This movie is very different to the type of movie I would watch on own time. I would not have imagined to see Jennifer Lawrence play a role that is different to the Hunger Games and other popular films she has appeared in.  Winter's Bone, I actually never heard about this movie.  I feel like the film was all about having to find her father that way the house would not be taken away from her family.  It was also a harsh way to have Ree Dolly (Jennifer Lawrence) find out her father was dead. Her father's side of the family were pretty rude to her, especially her uncle, he did not cooperate with her at all. He was sort of not trying to break her the news that her father was dead.  The movie was like a race to find the dad because if Ree did not find him before the court date then the house would  be taken away.  
I am use to Jennifer Lawrence having a very strong independent role. I am not saying that she was not strong nor independent its more of that she had to still be a care giver for the kids. One thing I did not like was when the neighbors said they would take the boy into their home but not the sister due to age. To me, that was terrible because splitting siblings up is hard especially in cases where they are close to age. Do not get me wrong it was a decent movie, it just would not go on my favorite movie list nor suit my type of movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment