Thursday, May 19, 2016

Elaine N. - Chicago





Chicago is a movie that I have always heard good things of. I have never seen the movie before and it was really good. But to me it resembled a lot like Burlesque. From what I remember Roxie wanted a singing job at the bar/club. The man that was suppose to help her land the job after sleeping with her told her it was all a lie. the argument escalated and she shot him, murdered him. I did not see the entire film but I know a lot of the storyline of the movie.Burlesque is about a young woman,who is a waitress and desires to have a different lifestyle and become a someone. Christina Aguilera plays this young woman, and she gets to Los Angeles to follow her dreams. In Chicago, Roxie wanted to follow her dreams but did not start on the right path because she slept with a man. Christina on the other hand would not take no for an answer from the club owner. Christina would settle for any job in the club and ended up being a waitress once again. The major difference in both of these films is that Chicago had a court case involved and Burlesque had the club struggling with profit and almost being foreclosed.
Bottom line I believe Chicago and Burlesque have the same themes throughout the films. Love, passion, and Ambition to strive. But I favor  Burlesque more, I enjoy it more since I am a big fan of Christina Aguilera.  Burlesque really have an ongoing  love theme. Christina falls for one on the waiters at the night club, she resented him for a while and then just fell for it. But then she felt betrayal from her lover when she finds out his girlfriend was still in the picture.
My favorite dance would be the final ones. In Chicago it was "Nowadays" with Roxie Hart and Velma Kelly. It was a good finale song and the music was good. The final dance summed up the whole movie. In comparison to Burlesque, the final dance number involved all the dancers and the workers in the bar. It was a really well performed dance. Christina Aguilera ha a very strong voice and makes the song full of life.

2 comments:

  1. Elaine,

    I have made some editorial suggestions. I shared them with you as a doc.

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    Could you update your post based on the doc I shared?

    MM

    ReplyDelete