Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chicago by elijah Mendez

I personally hate musicals; they do not interest me, and I generally don't find them amusing. The dancing after every small bit of dialogue annoys me, and I want to pull my ears out. The movie Chicago directed by Rob Marshall and produced by Martin Richards had the same effect on me.

I didn't enjoy the movie, due to the fact that is was still a "musical," but there were some aspects of the movie that I could appreciate and respect. I like how the movie introduced each character and showed how truly deranged these women were. They saw nothing wrong with what they did and are trying to make papers and be famous while on trial for murder. For example Roxie saw nothing wrong with shooting and murdering the man she had just slept with. She had no problem almost letting her husband take the blame for it and all she was concerned about during her trial was her short lived "fame". Being in the news got to her head and she didnt even believe she needed her lawyer at one point. I also like how the movie gives you a taste of real life. Roxie had her quick movement of fame and just like that she was replaced with a new fascinating female criminal just as she had replaced the one behind her (Velma). Even though I didn't necessarily enjoy this movie I did enjoy the bits of reality it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment