Friday, October 20, 2017

Why I Think The Walk is Better Than Man on Wire


Man on Wire is a 2008 documentary about Philippe Petit's tightrope walk across the Twin Towers in 1974.  The film won Best Documentary Feature at the 2008 Academy Awards. However, I think the 2015 retelling, The Walk is a better movie in my opinion.


Man on Wire is probably is the better film. For a documentary, Man on Wire is a great documentary. It dives deep into the act and we do get to know why he did it. In The Walk, we dives more deep and get to him more because of time (Man on Wire is about 94 minutes and The Walk is about 123 minutes. We also get to know Papa Rudy (played by Ben Kingsley), who was his real life mentor. Also in Man on Wire, his girlfriend Annie only speaks French, but in The Walk, she can speak fully English and has a French accent.


I think I do like The Walk more because I saw it first. The Walk is a more entertaining film than Man on Wire. I think The Walk haves great performances. Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Philippe is great, even tough it very clear than he doesn't really have a French accent.  It also more drama since we actually the see the event and that the best part of The Walk.

I loved that The Walk is a love letter to the Towers. The last line in the film speaks volumes and it just gives me a good feeling. I thought this ending was so much better here and instead  of Man on Wire because in here it just not that important.


Man on Wire is probably a better film to most. I think Man on Wire is still good. It has some great direction and is interesting the whole way through, but I think The Walk spoke to me more and I was more invested with it.  I have no real problems with both of these films, but I think  Man on Wire is a better film in general and The Walk has better entertainment values and is a better film in my opinion. It probably because I saw The Walk first, but I think both of these film are really worth  a watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment