Tuesday, September 19, 2017

"Rocky" by Damyia Jackson

Film Studies

Related image

I honestly didn't really enjoy the movie. Maybe it's because I didn't watch it from the beginning because everyone else says that they love it, but I wasn’t really that interested. From my understanding the movie was basically about a guy that didn’t really have experience in boxing but was challenged to fight an undefeated boxer,
the undisputed heavy-weight champion Apollo Creed.

The inexperienced guy was Rocky; there were parts of the movie where he was just training and it was a video montage. (Montage is a technique in film editing in which a series of short shots are edited into a sequence to condense space, time, and information). I automatically thought of foreshadowing (foreshadow a warning or indication of a future event) since he was the underdog I thought it was going to at least be a happy ending for him, and he would come out on top. What made me think that was when the montage kept going and he was getting better and better. When the fight finally came and they started he was so confident and he was doing very well compared to before. Of course automatically I thought he was gonna win, like most people and in the end it was a turn around and didn’t expect Rocky to lose. The fight was a little interesting to me because I thought it was funny so I made that part into my own little comedy so I could at least get into one part of the movie. If I was to watch it again I would watch it from the beginning so that I could see what everyone else saw and was so interested in but right now if I had a choice I wouldn’t watch the movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment