Thursday, October 29, 2015

Psycho (Warning - Spoiler Alert)

Warning - Spoiler Alert




The movie Psycho was a classic movie that I'd never bothered to watch. However I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. This movie was about a women named Marion Crane. She lived an average life until she stole 40,000 dollars and ran away so she could marry her boyfriend. Along the way to her boyfriend's house she ends up at motel run by a crazy guy and his mother. This all seemed a little cliche to me. I figured Norman, the crazy guy, would have bodies or something in his basement and then Marion would discover them and freak out and run away. However I was surprised when the person who I first thought was the protagonist of this story dies barely halfway through. Gosh what horrible depiction of female protagonist.
This movie surprised me in many ways. Though I suspected that Norman was the killer all along, it still shocked me that he was crazier than I  thought he was in the beginning. Even though a lot of people have heard of this movie I think many people who haven't seen it would be surprised at how it played through. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who has not seen it. However since this movie is a classic you'd think everyone would have already seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment