Thursday, January 29, 2015

Badlands: More like confusion...land....nailed it!


Okay, this movie didn't really stick with me as much as I hoped. Badlands....is quite bad. To the story, to the uninteresting characters, and for the story overall. I did get interested for this film by it's tagline, "In 1959, She watched while he killed a lot of people." because this made me think like maybe perhaps this film was going to be a love-fueled violence type of film. However...even the "relationship" in this film is probably the worst thing this film was going for it. 

First off, the characters: HOLY BEJEEZ talk about flat. Holly and Kit's relationship probably should of never happened, especially when Kit suddenly shoots and kills Holly's father. Which, also, she responds very poorly too, as, instead of asking questions like, "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" or "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" She simply asked something like, "What are we going to do with the body?" Yea, I know that the father killed her dog, and yes, even THAT was unnecessary but come on! I'd expect that kind of apathy if the father was a drunk abuser who beat her over her teen years. Plus, Kit's character was just silly. Also, I'd like to know how and why he's such a marksmen with that rifle all of a sudden. It's probably a montage of him practicing that I probably missed, though I wouldn't care since the whole movie can be forget-able. 

This film isn't worth watching, watch something like...Bonnie and Clyde, a much better crime-duo-love type of film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment