Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"Chicago" - Rebecca

I personally love this movie! Its one of my favorites so watching this movie in class made me really happy but because I have watched it so many times I knew what too expect, so watching this movie with the class gave me a new perspective on it because I got to see the classes reaction to events especially when  Roxie killed Fred Casely (I was waiting in anticipation because the movie really picks up from this point) but when this event a cured the class seemed to have such a reaction I loved it.

I think the line that sums up the whole film is Roxie's line when she performs her musical number titled "Roxie"

"Mmmmmmmm, I'm a star! And the audience loves me.
And I love them. And they love me for loving them, And I love them for loving me. And
We love each other. That's because none of us
Got enough love in our childhoods.
And that's showbiz...
Kid!"

This line sums up the movie because its all about starting or getting back on the stage getting that desired attention that these woman yearned for their entire lives. As the finale, they go through this metamorphosis where they achieve their goals and become stars!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment